Do you have a unique idea worth spreading? An idea that contributes to the betterment of humanity, and is likely to be the talk of your life?
Giving a great TEDx talk has plucked many an unknown expert from the depths of obscurity to a place of prominence on the worldwide stage.
That’s why most speakers hire an experienced speaker coach to guide them through the rigorous process of preparing for, and delivering, a life-changing TEDx talk.
No matter where you are on your TEDx journey — whether you’re just beginning to hatch your “idea worth spreading,” or need a seasoned pro to rehearse you to polished perfection — I have a package that’s right for you.
The TEDx website offers numerous resources to help you prepare for your talk and meet the rigid deadlines established by TEDx. Start by downloading the TEDx Speaker Guide. Next, look at this page, which explains the TEDx expectations for speakers during the preparation stage.
Here’s how my “full package” TEDx speaker coaching works:
- We’ll start with a 60-minute get acquainted session to develop your idea and identify the key messages you want to relay to the audience. From this session, we’ll hone in on your theme and develop an outline.
- Next, we’ll write your speech. Or, if you already have a speech, we’ll organize the content into a form that makes the greatest possible impact.
- Through writing, timing and tweaking, we’ll continually massage your talk until it flows smoothly.
- Then, we’ll rehearse and rehearse and rehearse until you know it backward and forward and can recite the speech comfortably and naturally.
- We’ll make improvements to your voice and body language, building on your strong points, minimizing your weak points and polishing your delivery, diction and gestures to make your talk distinctive, engaging and powerful.
- We’ll do regular, 30-minute Skype coaching sessions to keep you on track, or in-person sessions if you’re in the greater Philadelphia area. I will hold you accountable to meet the stringent deadlines imposed by TEDx organizers. A missed deadline results in your elimination as a speaker.
- If you are a speaker for a TEDxWilmington event, I will attend your official rehearsals at the venue and take notes.
- Bonus: I will provide publicity consulting and also write a one-page press release announcing your TEDx speaking engagement for your distribution to the media.
Or, we can schedule hourly consulting sessions.
Already have your TEDx talk, but want a seasoned professional to help you rehearse and refine? This option is a favorite with people who are accomplished speakers, but who are unfamiliar with the TEDx experience and want their moment on the red carpet to be singular and flawless.
Why work with me?
For more than 30 years, I have coached and written speeches for top-line executives, celebrities and subject matter experts to deliver powerful speeches and presentations to large audiences and the media. I was once a professional actor, director and musician, so I know a thing or two about stage presence and pleasing audiences. And, I’ve personally delivered loads of speeches and workshops. I know what works, and what doesn’t.
I am a member of the all-volunteer core planning team for TEDxWilmington, which gives me intimate knowledge of the TEDx experience, requirements and the rigors of preparation. I contribute my PR expertise to the organization, write blogs and am spearheading the production and launch of a podcast showcasing prior speakers.
With me as your TEDx speaker coach, you’ll have the additional benefit of me as your publicity advisor, too. As a public relations consultant, I help businesses and brands tell their stories in the media, on stage, with podcasts, and through the strategic distribution of compelling content. My greatest joy is coaching successful leaders to develop the powerful, public presence they need to become well-known influencers and subject matter experts.
What people are saying:
“Dana is a tremendously thoughtful and brilliant woman. Anyone seeking to amplify their message in the way that matters most should speak with Dana FIRST, whether it is to be recognized in the news, have their content written more personally or improving their own personal brand. I cannot imagine anyone more talented to get the work done right the first time than Dana Dobson. She is a 10+ in my book!”
“I was so grateful to have worked with Dana Dobson for my TEDx preparation. She made the process very comfortable and supportive, however gave me constructive feedback to ensure my talk was a success. She is very experienced and has a vast knowledge of TEDx preparation strategies. I felt that the tips she provided were extremely valuable in giving the talk of my life”
“The beauty of working with a kindred sprit is that they get you and want you to be your best. Drawing out every nuance and making the most of every minute, so that you connect and convey the message you believe is worth spreading. That is who Dana has been for me. This brilliant woman, who skillfully guided and coached me through my TEDx talk, also edited my first book. I’m grateful for the partnership and collaboration we share that continues to enhance my life. Dana is so much more than just a wordsmith and communication expert, she is a trusted ally for your good so that the contents of your heart find their powerful place on the TEDx stage. Thank you Dana! I could not have done it without you!”